Kratom is a plant-derived substance obtained from Mitragyna speciosa that is native to Southeast Asia regions such as Thailand. The product has been used for centuries by people such as farmers and laborers in Malaysia and Thailand. People chew its leaves or brew it in tea to increase.
- energy levels,
- improve productivity,
- combat fatigue,
- relive strained muscles,
- and relieve pain.
So, what is kratom High? This is a situation when a kratom user gets high by taking kratom. This can only happen when you overdose it. You should note that kratom is not considered to be illegal in most countries. Kratom is also used by people battling opioid or heroin addiction as a means of combating withdrawal symptoms. However, it carries a risk of addiction and dependence in and of itself.
Does Kratom Get You High?
A person is likely to be kratom high for about 10 to 15 minutes, and the substance will remain active for about 5 hours after taking it. When the content is carried in low doses, it is regarded as a stimulant herb that increases alertness and sociability.
- If used in higher doses, it will have effects that are similar to those of opioid drugs. Some of the effects include reduced anxiety, relaxation, pinpoint pupils, reduced pain sensation, and sedation.
How Kratom is Taken
There are different ways of taking kratom. Usually, both fresh and dried leaves can be chewed. Other forms are loose chopped leaves that can make capsules, compressed tablets, and tea. Some people like using extracts. This is because extracts have a substantial effect as they are concentrated form obtained from leaves.
Is Kratom Harmful?
Scientific or medical information about kratom is limited. This is because there have been few controlled clinical trials done to establish whether it is 100% safe for human use. The available knowledge about this given herb comes from ancient reports by doctors and users, as well as from lab experiments.
- Recent studies found in kratom over 20 biologically active chemicals. Some of the drugs bind opioid receptors in the brain and can lead to physical addiction and dependence. Although the plant has a history of being used as herbal medicine, it has been banned in Thailand because of its addictive potential.
Kratom Strains and Their Effects
There are different strains of kratom. Each strain has unique chemical properties that have different medicinal effects. The popular strains include:
- Green Vein Kali – This is known as a stimulating strain that contains painkiller attributes
- Bali – Provides euphoric effects and other effects that are similar to opioid use
- Ultra-Enhanced Indo – This is an extract with significant euphoric effects. It can be used to treat anxiety
- Maeng Da – This strain provides an energizing effect and can help relieve pain.
- White Vein Kali – This kratom strain has dissociating and euphoric effect
Things You May Feel During Kratom High
What does it feel like to be high on kratom? Before answering this question, it is vital to note that most users of kratom are not using it as a recreational herb to get high. Instead, people are using this plant because it is a safe and natural alternative to pharmaceutical medications. These are people who are looking to combat pains and aches, unbalanced mood, and low energy. The following are some things you may feel if you are on kratom high.
- This is another common thing people will hear about kratom. Most users will rave about euphoria experience after using kratom. Although this substance is not an opiate, it can behave like one, and it makes the brain to release dopamine, which makes one feel good.
- As the brain releases dopamine, a wave of joy, happiness, and euphoria are experienced by a user. This is a good reason people use kratom as a natural product to help control their mood.
- Ideally, anyone across the world turns to different things to help relax after a long day at work. It does not matter whether this is a few glasses of wine or watching a movie.
- For some people, kratom is an excellent way of achieving this goal, as the feelings of relaxation are some of the benefits of using kratom. In fact, after a few minutes of sipping kratom tea, you will find yourself in a deep state of calmness. Your muscles will start to relax, the pain reduces, and worries begin to fall away.
- Another effect of kratom high is having a sense of sociability. This goes hand-in-hand with the feelings of relaxation and euphoria. After taking kratom, you will notice the mood starting to brighten. When this occurs, you will find yourself feeling chatty to people who are around you.
Nowadays, a lot of people opt for kratom instead of alcohol at social functions because it gets them as social as they want, without having to deal with hangovers caused by alcohol the next day. You will find a lot of lounges and bars that serve kratom to the customers.
- As far as relieving pain is concerned, opioids are second-to-none. They slow the transfer of pain signals throughout the body.
- Unfortunately, the use of opioids is quite addictive. Studies show that the amount of opioids sold in hospitals and pharmacies has considerably increased for the last decade. Surprisingly, there is no change in the amount of pain reported.
Millions of people around the world are now turning to natural pain-relieving alternatives like kratom to combat pains and aches. The good thing about kratom is that it can hit the same pain receptors as opioids do without adverse side effects. After a few hours of using kratom strain, you will find that the pain that is pestering you throughout the body starts to fade away.
- The truth is that kratom is a powerful herbal supplement that can be used for different applications. At certain strains and doses, kratom acts as a pain reliever and sedative. In some strains, it can increase your focus and energy.
- This explains why a lot of people are now using kratom in the morning instead of coffee. This is because it offers them the same energy lifting without adverse effects as the case with coffee.
As noted above, in the last few centuries, laborers working in farms would chew kratom leaves to increase their stamina and energy. When you take kratom, you may realize increased energy and focus. Your ability to think is also improved.
Being on kratom high does not only have the benefits. It also comes with its share of negative experiences. Although there are different benefits of kratom, there are a few drawbacks. Some of the disadvantages include
- stomach cramps,
- and headaches.
It is advisable to take the proper dosage of kratom. The negative experiences are caused by taking an overdose of kratom. Ideally, you cannot be high if you take the recommended dosage.
Signs of Someone Being on Kratom
Side effects, withdrawal symptoms, and kratom intoxication are signs of a person who is high or struggling with kratom addiction. These signs are detailed below:
- Usually, when a person ingests kratom, the effects of this drug will start within 10 minutes. Remember that kratom has a wide range of effects on a person who is abusing it, taking into account the strain or dosage.
- When you take it on low doses, it will act as a stimulant. In such a case, it will increase your alertness, attention, energy, and talkativeness.
However, when you take it on high doses, about 15 grams, this results in kratom intoxication, and it will mimic opioid intoxication. Some of the symptoms of intoxication include sociability, euphoria, slurred speech, drowsiness, loss of coordination, and pain relief.
Long-term and short-term side effects of kratom abuse are quite similar to those of abuse and opioid addiction. Some of the side effects include sensitivity to sunburn or sunlight, itching, sweating, increased urination, constipation, and loss of appetite.
If you become addicted to kratom, and then suddenly you stop taking it, you may suffer withdrawal symptoms. Some of the symptoms include
- and flu-like symptoms.
There have been a few cases of liver toxicity as a result of long-term kratom abuse. Some kratom packages have warnings that violation of the substance can result in darkening of the skin and loss of libido.
If you find that you have been addicted to kratom, it is a good idea to seek help. As noted above, constant abuse can lead to psychological and physical damage.
Where to Buy Kratom
To enjoy the health benefits of kratom, you need to ensure you purchase the right strain. Also, you need to buy from a top online store. You want to ensure you are getting a product that is 100% kratom and not one that has been combined with other drugs.
If you are planning to use kratom, you should take the time to learn about its benefits and risks. Always proceed with caution and ensure you are using it as recommended. Do not take kratom and drive. If you experience side effects, stop its use, and contact a doctor.